Friday 9 November 2012

Just A Closer Walk With Thee



Today when I walked through the park with Papa Bear to pick up his lift, everywhere looked so beautiful in the cold autumn sunshine that I was minded of this hymn - and it was a sweet moment indeed, when I told Papa Bear this, and he said he had been thinking exactly the same thing!

If like us you don't have a garden of your own, I think it's really important to be able to get outside somewhere that you can see God's beautiful creation for yourself.  I love the simple joy of walking beneath the whispering trees, breathing in the fresh sharp scent of the cool air, watching the golden leaves showering softly down through the sunlight as the earth slows down for its winter slumber.  It makes me feel closer to God - just like the words of this hymn.

As a family, this weekend we are going to try to get outside whatever the weather, so that we can enjoy God's world as it is meant to be enjoyed - pure and unspoilt, just as it was when He made it.


love1 second version