Wednesday 28 November 2012

Gooseberry Patch Apple Recipes



Today I thought I would share some more yummy recipes from Gooseberry Patch with you!   The dish pictured above is for a praline apple crisp, which is a little like a crumble, but as its name suggests, more crunchy!  I've made something similar using flaked almonds too, which are also delicious.




Yum!  This apple pie bread is from one of the cookbooks that Papa Bear bought for me just recently.  It's delicious enough to eat on its own, but it's also lovely toasted, with butter on.   It was almost like cake in texture - just yummy.  I will definitely be baking this again!





I've made these as muffins instead, and used a from scratch carrot cake instead of a mix.  It's almost as easy, just requires a bit of extra weighing, and some grating - which I do in my mini blender.  Don't you think the aprons that Vickie and Jo Ann wear are cute?  I love aprons - but they're nearly always too big if they are bought from a store, so I try making mine - that way I can have them exactly how I want!  At Christmas, Little Bear and I have matching seasonal aprons that we wear on Christmas Day!


love1 second version