Friday 19 October 2012

Resting



I have not been feeling very well today.  I have a bad cold!  I think I caught it from one of the cubs, who have both been ill with colds recently.

Because of that, I have not been able to write up the post that I wanted to, about introducing new birds to an existing flock.  I will do that once I am better.  The new chicks are doing great!  They have integrated really well, and are giving me lots of entertainment today.  We have had a nice quiet peaceful day and will be getting a take away for our evening meal, as Papa Bear says I must rest and stay out of the kitchen!  He does spoil me!

I have been enjoying listening to praise music today also, like the hymn above, and also reading some inspirational blog posts and writings.  One that I found is a transcript of a sermon by C.H. Spurgeon, whose "Morning and Evening" devotional we enjoy every day.  You can read it here.

I hope I will be feeling better soon but with my sweet family around me to take care of everything I am sure I will be back up and running again in no time!


love1 second version