Tuesday 26 June 2012

Tuesday's Time To (26th June)



The weather has turned from being cold, wet and very windy to being cloudy, warm and humid.  It isn't good weather for doing anything quickly!  So today Little Bear and I have been working at a slower pace today as we do our chores, and it has been very nice.  We have stopped and had lots of cool drinks and chats - lovely!  I plan to make some homemade lemonade soon.  It is very easy - but I need some empty bottles to put it in, so before I can make any.  I will share the recipe for that when we've made it.

Today around our home it's been ...

A time to plant ...
We're growing some pea shoots on our kitchen windowsill.  There aren't any shoots showing yet, but with the temperature being so high at the moment it won't take long at all for them to sprout.

A time to heal ...
Warm weather helps aching joints!  But it does make us feel slow and lethargic too, so for our dinner we have all been eating lots of salads and fresh fruit, to give us a little more energy.  All those vitamins will do us lots of good too!

A time to laugh ...
Little Bear and I have enjoyed laughing together as we do our chores.  Our birds make us smile so much with their funny behaviour! 

A time to embrace ...
It's too warm to cuddle up close at the moment, but there are lots of ways to give each other "virtual" hugs instead!  Just a sweet comment, or a chore thoughtfully done, can make your loved one know you care.  It isn't always easy to feel motivated when you're hot and tired, but what better way to cool down with, than ice creams?  Papa Bear brought home with him yesterday a box of Cornettos - yum!  That made us all feel very pampered!

A time to keep ...
Little Bear and I did some sorting out of her bedroom today, and we put together some bags of goodies to take to her nieces who are younger than she is.  It's a great way to bring a smile to someone's face - the things you think of as junk can easily be a treat for someone else who hasn't seen them before.  This is the sort of recycling that's fun!

A time to sew ...
We also found a couple of items that needed repairing.  I was so pleased to see Little Bear mending her clothes just as neatly as her mama can!  She's not found sewing so easy to take up as knitting, but she is very precise, and her stitches are tiny!

A time to speak ...
The time goes so much faster when you share the chores - because you have someone to chat to!  I love having "girls together" time with Little Bear.  It's one of the best things about having been blessed with one special daughter - we are able to talk and chat so often, that we've become very close indeed, and share so much together.  Little Bear has her own views and values but they've been shaped by her upbringing, and I'm always so proud of her, when she explains her thoughts on something important to me, and they are just the same as mine.

A time to love ...
Today I've loved being a homemaker and mama!  Even when your children are grown, it's still the best job in the world!

A time of peace ...
Now that I'm sitting down to write this post, I am aware of the lovely peace all around me - the sound of birdsong outside, and the sound of our own birds happily munching on their seed inside.  The air outside is so still today, that makes me feel peaceful too - in fact a little too peaceful.  I'd better get up now, before I drift off to sleep!