Tuesday 8 May 2012

Tuesday's Time To (8th May)

Today's Tuesday's Time To is in pictures!

A time to plant ... 



Pretty red roses that Papa Bear gave me (not for our anniversary - they are artificial flowers, which we prefer to keep indoors.  Real roses are so lovely outside!).

A time to heal ... 


Honey and lemon for Papa Bear's sore throat!

A time to laugh ...



This funny wee birdie is hiding in another bouquet of roses, in our bedroom!

A time to embrace ...


Cubby and Little Bear gave me this sweet wee scruffy bear for Mother's Day once when they were very young!  She's always ready to be huggled!  I sewed the dress she is wearing to match one that Little Bear had in the same fabric.

A time to keep ...



I will always keep this wee plaque that hangs above our bed.  Papa Bear gave it me a few years ago.  It is inscribed with the words "love you yesterday, love you still - always have, and always will."  Ohhh!  So sweet!

A time to sew ...



I didn't sew this pretty wall-hanging, which we have in our hall.  It was a souvenir from our honeymoon!  It is made of pale blue velvet and the flowers are created out of ribbon which has been embroidered onto the velvet.

A time to speak ...




Oh!  This is my very ancient mobile phone!  I am really not at all bothered with technology at all, and the only reason I own a mobile is so that if I am in the car alone and have a breakdown, I can use it to contact the recovery people and to let Papa Bear know what has happened.  So far - thank the Lord - I have never needed to use it!

A time to love ...



This pretty brooch was part of my St. Valentine's Day gift from Papa Bear last year.  I love how the leaves are picked out with wee seed pearls - it's so dainty.

A time of peace ...



Scented tea lights in our bathroom.  I really enjoy unwinding to a candlelit bath before I go to bed.  I set the candles out around a small flower vase, and the glass catches the flickering of the flames and magnifies them so that the whole room seems to glow with their warm light.