Tuesday 10 April 2012

Tuesday's Time To (10th April)



I've decided to keep today's Tuesday's Time To in theme with the season - it's Easter Week, so I thought it would be lovely for the focus of this week's post to be the focus of Easter - Jesus - and I've used the headings of Tuesday's Time To, to inspire me to look at some of His teachings in the Gospels, to reflect on as we dwell now on the glory of His ressurrection - and the wonderful gift of His sacrifice - the gift of salvation.


A time to plant
...
"But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch". (Matthew 15, 13 - 14).

A time to heal ...
"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease". (Matthew 10, 1).

A time to laugh ...
"And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you". (John 16, 22).

A time to embrace ...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". (John 3, 16).

A time to keep ...
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14, 15).

A time to sew (sow) ...
"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" (Matthew 6, 26).

A time to speak ...
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned". (Matthew 12, 36 - 37).

A time to love ...
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment". (Mark 12, 30).

A time of peace ...
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe". (John 14, 27 - 29).