Sunday 29 April 2012

How Great Thou Art




"The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.
The floods have lifted up, oh Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves.
The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.
Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, oh Lord, for ever
". (Psalm 93, 1 - 5).

Today I did not go to Church, as my arthritis was very painful indeed. The pain woke me early this morning and I did not go back to sleep, so I am very tired also. But when Papa Bear came back from Church with the cubs, he was singing Alan Jackson's version of this beautiful hymn (I knew it was Alan Jackson's version, because when Papa Bear sings, it sounds very much like him. He likes his country praise music a lot). They had not sung this hymn in Church today but they did have a reading of Psalm 93, and the words are very fitting! Papa Bear knows I love this hymn and it cheered me up very much indeed to hear his lovely voice filling the room. My pain began to get much better then! He also told me of a lovely idea - a way for us to celebrate our wedding anniversary this coming Friday. We had not planned to do much, because I had expected that he would be working. But he told me today, he has taken the day off! And better still, he is going to take me out on a special trip ... to the seaside! Best of all, we shall be having fish and chips to eat whilse we are there - outside, which is the very best way of all to enjoy our favourite takeaway meal! Ohhh! Papa Bear you are so sweet to me! I am very excited about that, and so are the Cubs (who will be coming with us too). I hope the week doesn't go too slowly while we all have to wait for our special day out! Whatever the weather, I know it will be fun!